10 posts tagged recipe
We purchased fresh strawberries from the farmers market this weekend!
Who wants a smoothie? Recipe below!
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 cubes ice, crushed
- In a blender combine strawberries, milk, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Toss in the ice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and serve.
Our favorite lady love, Morgan, asked Elizabeth to illustrate a fancy summer recipe. WISH GRANTED. Feast your eyes on this: Sriracha Slaw
p.s. Do yourself a favor and sign up for the Panda-head newsletter!
- 3 medium sized beets, cleaned and green leaves chopped off
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- about half a cup of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil with the beets coved in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pinch the foil shut and bake for about an hour or until beets are tender.
- Remove beets from the oven, allow to cool and peel off outer skin.
- Slice, pour balsamic vinegar on top, serve & enjoy!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 2 28oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- Cook garlic & onion with olive oil until golden brown
- Add thyme & carrot
- Add tomato and bring to a boil
- Simmer for 30 minute
Makes four cups of delicious fresh tomato sauce!